The Story of Leicester Plan
The Story of Leicester Plan is a set of council priorities relating to Leicester’s 2,000 years of history.
It uses and interprets Leicester’s different heritages to maximise economic and social benefits for its modern citizens. These are drawn together in a single Story of Leicester plan. We are delivering this with a range of partners including Leicester’s universities, the National Trust, local heritage organisations, community groups and volunteers. By telling the ‘One Story’ of Leicester’s proud history, made up of many, we celebrate all the communities that make up the one community of Leicester.
The Story of Leicester Plan includes:
- A Story of Leicester “brand” identifying key initiatives
- Story of Leicester web pages on the council’s website
- Introduction at New Walk Museum
- Introduction in Visit Leicester Centre
- New museum displays featuring key collections and themes
- Enhanced city centre heritage interpretation
- Improved heritage buildings and the historic environment
- Marking Leicester’s important anniversaries and centenaries
- Telling the stories of Leicester’s communities and neighbourhoods
- Encouraging children to enjoy Leicester’s story
The Story of Leicester summary plan is available to download here and at the bottom of this page.
For details of Heritage Sundays in the Magazine, Leicester Castle and Wygston’s House and the annual September Heritage Open Days programme visit the Museums Events page.